Transunion offers clients around the world complete credit protection, from credit alerts and reports to credit scores and more, all accessible from one easy-to-use platform.
TransUnion’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice
What We’ll Bring:
The Senior Auditor, Global Audit & Advisory is responsible for leading, planning, and executing critical projects across business units, key functions, and processes in areas related to the following: Internal Audit, Compliance, Business Process Reviews, Internal Controls Training and Awareness, Risk Assessments, Process Design and Internal Controls testing. Additionally the candidate should have a proven-track record of advancement and possess the ability to develop and maintain business relationships and the ability to provide pragmatic internal control recommendations that add value to the organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities is also required.
This position will report directly to the Global Audit & Advisory (GAA) Senior Director in the US and will work closely with other GAA Team Associates on key projects and initiatives. The successful candidate will need to work across the organization and be comfortable in engaging employees at various levels to ensure an efficient and effective control environment. This role also has high visibility to senior management at the different locations as needed and represents the GAA function in various company related activities. The role may involve up to 10% of travel.
What You’ll Bring:
- Combined minimum 5+ years of external / internal audit experience, U.S. GAAP/ IFRS and SEC reporting requirements with a Big Four firm preferred. Professional certifications highly preferred (i.e., CPA, CIA, CISA and CFE).
- Must possess working knowledge and experience with IT General Controls
- Must possess excellent project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Prior experience leading data-driven audit procedures, data analytics, an/or creating data visualization presentation is preferred
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Internal Control Compliance and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards balanced with a demonstrated ability to understand key business drivers and issues having successfully implemented those principles in a complex global environment.
- Must possess the highest professional and personal standards, unquestioned integrity and business ethics. Demonstrated ability and courage of his or her own convictions and adhering to strongly held principles and values – and hold others to the same standards.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral, and the ability to build effective partnerships across the organization at all levels.
- Must be able to make a meaningful contribution to drive strategic internal audit initiatives. Will be well versed in performance management and have the capability to be a strong business partner within the organization.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, energetic and possess a natural curiosity to learn. They will see this role as an opportunity to transform and modernize the GAA activities globally, with opportunities to further their career within the company
Impact You’ll Make:
- Perform periodic risk assessments leading to the creation of a flexible annual audit plan and manage internal and external resources as needed to execute the plan.
- Complete risk-based internal audit projects, including assessing the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls and testing relative to financial, IT/Security, and Compliance processes. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Preparation / development and execution of risk-based audit programs that clearly define the objective and scope of each review, employing critical thinking and appropriate testing methodologies.
- Conduct periodic audits to identify areas of risk by evaluating the design and operating effectiveness over controls related to financial processes, Information technology and security as well as compliance to policies and regulations.
- Prepare formal written reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls, obtaining agreement on root cause of issues identified and obtain management action plans for remediation.
- Conduct post-audit follow-up to assess the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Stay current on the business and collaborate with management on risk mitigation activities.
- Work with the GAA Senior Director to prepare materials for quarterly Audit Committee, management meetings and ensure complete and timely distribution of materials to Committee members.
- Assist with execution of other tasks or special projects when required by management, such as due diligence reviews, system implementation controls review etc.
- Partner with functional leadership and their staff in developing strong, professional and independent relationships to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the business to enable value added recommendations that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Keep abreast of industry issues and internal audit professional practices in order to proactively shape and continuously improve internal audit practices and procedures.
TransUnion Job Title
Specialist III, Audit and Advisory