You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
The Middle Office Team manages the entire process from trade entry through to settlement, ensuring that all trades are matched, settled, and reconciled in a timely and efficient manner.
Middle Office – Reference Data role:
The main function of the Reference Data team is to provide ongoing support for client internal departments including trade desk. Team is responsible for three major areas of support: Securities setups, Securities maintenance, and Fund / Legal support. Securities setups and maintenance covers full range of investment products and is hugely time sensitive. Team is required to promptly address business queries and provide investigation related with statics setups. Fund / Legal support is focused on providing support related to complete funds setups and addressing legal discrepancies within client portfolio.
Being part of our Middle Office team, your day-to-day tasks will be related, but not limited to:
- New security setups and maintenance across different platforms
- Responsibility for market data used for trading, risk management and trade settlement
- Processing corporate actions impacting supervised data
- Reconcile system data against market data provided by vendor in order to pick up discrepancies
- Investigation of errors occurred during trade processing, providing solution and escalating possible enhancements to superior
- Supporting client and internal departments to provide security, fund and legal related issues resolutions
- New fund setups and maintenance across different platforms
- Supporting client and internal departments in various projects related with new funds / strategies / markets lunch
- A minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Technical knowledge how financial instruments works – both listed and unlisted would be advantage. Instrument types include, but are not limited to, equities, options, futures, forward contracts, bonds.
- Ability to multi-task, work to deadlines and accommodate varying levels of volume and priorities
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Pro-active and highly motivated – goal orientated and driven to find resolution of problems
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.