firstcitizens First Citizens Bank
First Citizens Bank is a full-service financial institution with nearly 550 locations nationwide.
CIT’s sponsor finance group provides cash flow and asset-based solutions for private equity sponsor backed transactions in the middle market. Our proven successes are based on our long-term commitment to private equity sponsor owned businesses serving the middle market, and the supportive and focused relationships we have with our sponsors. With more than $4.0 billion of funded assets, in addition to other funding commitments to companies owned by private equity sponsors across various industries, CIT is one of the largest providers of senior capital to middle market businesses.
- Candidates will work within a team construct to assist in the credit underwriting and portfolio management of diverse debt solutions for middle-market companies. Specifically: (i) LBO Financing, (ii) Acquisition Financing, (iii) Debt Refinancing, and (iv)
- Recapitalizations-working with potential borrowers, private equity teams, and other Lenders.
- Candidates will prepare cash flow models, conduct independent industry research, will assist in the underwriting of credits, and will manage accounts post close.
- Assist in preparing waiver and amendment requests or add-on opportunities.
- Update ETT, CreditLens and review forms in a timely manner.
- Maintain credit files in preparation for internal or external audits.
- Ensure compliance with all CIT/FCB policies and procedures.
- Firm understanding of CIT/FCB systems and resources
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience.
- Experience in business lending or investing environment; financial analysts
- The completion of a formal credit training program is desired but not required.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Time management skills to efficiently handle multiple tasks with changing priorities;
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications;
- Attention to detail; and
- Ability to function independently and as part of a small deal team.