KinderCare Learning Companies
KinderCare Education is the largest nationwide provider of early childhood education in the U.S. Since 1969, it has successfully served children with time-tested techniques and proven results.
About KinderCare Education ®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with ourKinderCare ® Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with ourChampions ® before and after-school programs.
The KinderCare Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team is responsible for providing company leadership with an accurate and comprehensive analysis, at an enterprise-level, of the financial status and outlook in order to drive business decisions and actions.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst II that will work collaboratively with the finance and accounting teams at KinderCare in preparing the consolidated company budget and forecast, as well as provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of results and forecasted trends for leadership presentations. Additionally, they will assist in delivering accurate reporting and analysis of monthly results for Board of Director presentations.
The ideal candidate is proficient in financial concepts, systems & tools, is able to self-validate work to ensure accuracy, demonstrates the ability to up level work product for leadership presentations, possesses eagerness and curiosity to understand trends that drive financial performance and is able to connect the dots and draw meaningful conclusions. Individuals need to be able to seek out and incorporate feedback, self-prioritize work, escalate priority conflicts and recommend solutions collaboratively with manager and team members.
The role will have exposure across the broader finance organization as well as finance and company leadership, creating opportunity for comprehensive understanding of KinderCare’s business and career growth and development.
Key responsibilities include:
– Providing tactical support for Enterprise consolidation of the budgeting and forecasting process
– Executing various modeling and optimization of tools and processes to assist with budgeting process, monthly forecasting and periodic reporting and analysis of results
– Providing clear and concise data-driven insights to senior leadership for visibility and decision making
– Analyzing and modeling of near and long-term results for scenario planning of P&L, cash flow and balance sheet
– Supporting External Reporting compliance requirements
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
– 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position with a medium to large sized company
– Relevant and successful experience working in a multi-unit environment
– Experience developing planning models and consolidations of budgets / forecasts, including capital planning, P&L, cash flow and balance sheet
– Proven ability to analyze complex financial information, identify potential problems and develop viable alternatives
– Advanced skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint required
– Ability to identify and implement process improvements
– Detail orientation with high attention to quality and accuracy
– Ability to interact with various levels of management and develop excellent working relationships inside and outside of the department
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Experience with Oracle, TM1/Cognos, Anaplan, Hyperion Enterprise or similar financial reporting software
Our highest priority has always been to keep our employees, children, families, and communities as safe and healthy as possible. Starting October 18, 2021, we began requiring COVID vaccinations or weekly COVID testing for all unvaccinated employees who are required to be in a KinderCare Education community space or workspace to perform their work (center, National Support Center, and offsite meeting environments). We are also subject to state law, local ordinances, and Health Department requirements for employees working in child care and school facilities.
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools ™ , Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.