We’re building and growing…in dog years. No longer a young pup, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies of all time.
Chewy is looking for a Finance Manager to join our rapidly growing Commercial Finance Private Brands team in our Bellevue, WA location. Combining an understanding of finance, practical knowledge of financial statements, and using data to make-and-drive decisions, this candidate will perform financial strategic modeling to support key strategic decisions, drive Chewy Private Brands growth, and ensure financial objectives are achieved. This role will focus on analyzing and evaluating new sourcing opportunities and efficiencies, product launches, and free cash flow initiatives in the Proprietary Brands business, while working alongside many key business partners and cross-functional teams to drive analysis and decisions.
At Chewy, we believe in ownership and accountability and value creativity. We are makers and doers who thrive on the desire to drive results. We approach our mission to provide the best service and pet products anywhere with a dogged determination and a disposition that’s as sunny as the South Florida oceanfront we call home. Sure, we work hard, but we have fun, too. Of course, that’s not hard to do when you get to bring your favorite four-legged friend to the office.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead financial strategic modeling for new sourcing opportunities, product launches, and free cash flow initiatives for Chewy’s Private Brands business
- Perform modeling and analytics required to synthesize large sets of data and produce concise outputs to convey recommendation and/or conclusions to leadership
- Lead special projects and conduct ad-hoc analysis and scenario modeling as needed to provide analytical and decision support on new initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with the broader Chewy finance team and Private Brands business teams (e.g., Sourcing, Supply Chain, Strategy) to help Proprietary Brands grow across all Chewy verticals and achieve business and financial goals through analysis of new initiatives, existing business, and investment opportunities
- Effectively manage numerous projects at a given time in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience (Strategic Finance, financial analysis, corporate finance, Ops/Supply Chain Finance), preferably with an understanding of brand or retail finance and financial modeling
- Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Strong analytical and modeling skills (building from the ground up), and experience in supporting business case development, forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Advanced analytical and Excel skills, and the ability to get into the details while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering to expectations.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with comfort in both early stage and corporate environments
- Familiarity with an e-commerce or retail business model a plus
- Experience with SQL and Hyperion a plus
- Travel not required
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR@chewy.com.