Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company?
Come make history in Amazon’s Global Trade Compliance department! We are looking for a talented Tax Classification & Operations PM to drive critical large scale cross-functional projects. You will enable new business opportunities by executing on a broad range of project management, program management and trade compliance matters. You will work directly with business leadership, tax, legal, catalog, inventory management, procurement teams, logistics, and other internal business partners and external vendors to drive projects that address critical business and regulatory requirements.
Key job responsibilities
• Work with Amazon’s Global Trade Compliance team to execute strategy, drive and enforce global trade processes, seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies
• Work with cross-functional teams, communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles and develop process that drives scale
• Work with third party service providers and vendors to set up effective processes to support local movement of goods
• Collaborate with business units to proactively identify tariff classification and trade compliance issues and comply with tariff classification obligations
• Design and drive scalable processes to ensure compliance with tax and trade regulations
• Partner with key stakeholders to define program strategy, project plans and manage technology implementations
• Partner with service leaders across Amazon to identify and influence the development of new programs/products and services, entrepreneurial and enjoy working with ambiguity; a creative problem solver and self-starter who can work well both independently and in a team
About the team
You will be the main point of contact for the business for all matters related to Tax classification (for imported and local sales), supporting the BR Senior Trade Compliance Manager. You will be part of the Global Trade Services team that defines global compliance policies and strategies. You will be responsible to ensure the tax classification accuracy in catalogs/systems, solve vendors disputes and management projects for improvement process and systems integrations.
• Bachelor’s degree completed in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain, or related field.
• Professional experience with Trade Compliance and Tax Classification.
• Professional experience with driving data driven results.
• Experience developing processes to meet internal control requirements
• Experience in process definition, having taken a process from concept to execution
• Prior experience in a Program Management or Project Management role
• Excellent communication (written, oral, presenting and negotiating) skills with attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills, data driven with experience in establishing and tracking program metrics
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
• Track record of working in an ambiguous environment and ability to define processes that can scale
• Adept at working with different systems and making recommendations on improvements for both systems and processes
• Advanced experience with Excel
• Fluent in English and Portuguese
• Process management experience.
• Customs broker management experience.
• EDI integration project experience.
• Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements.
• Experience with Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement tools.