UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
This role will support Premium Tax operations, specifically the calculation of premium taxes for particular states. Will be involved in completing account reconciliations and the premium and municipal tax template to support the monthly accrual. Will work to facilitate data transfer to a third-party vendor, TriTech Inc., and utilize its PremiumPro application to produce and timely file accurate premium tax returns. This role will be required to develop both technical and accounting expertise of our mainframe and Facets operating systems to support our unclaimed property reporting processes. Will work with internal IT staff and correspond with state regulatory personnel, as needed. In addition, will also work with and provide support to other Financial Reporting and Regulatory areas, and both upstream and downstream customers.
- Provide support and direction to any development efforts that impact our premium tax andor Finance function
- Promote financial data integrity, compliance and auditability of the financial systems
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
- Participate in planning activities related to Premium tax and assessment issues.
- Perform research and provide analysis of proposed and existing premium tax laws, regulations, and rulings
- Resolve premium tax audits and notices
- Review premium tax and assessment accounting and accruals
- Assist tax leadership with M&A transactions and other related projects
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or Finance
- 1+ years of experience working with accounting and/or financial systems
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel with ability to learn additional data access skills/languages, utilize pivot tables and other reporting tools
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Premium Pro software experience
- Analytical skills and ability to understand and support system processes
- Decision making skills
- Ability to support and respond to internal customer requests in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.