Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are Global Mile at Amazon the division responsible for worldwide Ocean, Air, Rail, Customs, and emerging markets goods selection into a rapidly growing list of countries. We create new logistical benchmarks and “firsts” through disruptive innovation, and are experiencing hyper-growth.
We are searching for an exceptionally talented, bright, and driven Finance Analyst III, to drive the planning and analysis function, and overall P&L ownership of the Global Mile Cross Border fulfillment portfolio.
Come build the Amazon of tomorrow, at what is already the most customer-centric company on earth.
What is the role?
At Amazon finance partners are more than just the team that reports numbers and provides controllership. Finance actively partners with the leadership team to promote the business, understand drivers, look around corners, and attain our growth and profitability goals. You will work collaboratively across a matrix organization with a strategic finance view to define, develop, and implement new product launches, as well as supporting P&L and capex ownership for the business. Our goal is to drive intelligent investment and improved profitability for our business. Ability to manage the expectations of our leadership team, our stakeholders, customers, as well as members of your finance team is paramount. This is a hugely exciting role for a seasoned finance leader to own a vital part of the success of our business.
This role partners closely with a broad range of global finance and country leaders, product teams, technology teams, and FP&A. The role designs, develops, and maintenance of performance measurements in order to understand strategic input drivers with a focus on continuously improving the economics and scalability of the business. Optimization on price, cost, selection, and placement of inventory are paramount to this role.
Key job responsibilities
Full P&L ownership of the Cross Border Fulfillment business (projections, optimization, month-end close, controllership, personnel development).
Drive the development of and support the execution of key input metrics and financial targets through the implementation of proactive dashboards, ongoing reporting, measurements, and variance analysis.
Create an inclusive and growth focused environment. Contribute to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and an effective leader for team members and the organization.
Create effective business partnerships, manage competing priorities, and provide guidance based on data analysis managing through non-expected events.
Perform financial evaluation of capital investments, dive deep into business cases and challenge assumptions.
Ensure consistency of capital investment decisions with long-term business development strategy
Set the standards of analytical capabilities for investment analysis
Benchmark externally and internally and strive towards being the best
About the team
Global Mile’s vision is to be the “the earth’s most Customer centric cross border e-commerce supply chain.” Global Shipping Product supports this through our vision of being the Ocean and Air Logistics service provider of choice for our Sellers. Towards this vision, we provide Sellers with comprehensive end-to-end supply chain solutions that optimize logistics from factory door to the final destination. Our Finance team supports the business via strategic partnerships focused on evaluating long-term product strategies, optimizing existing product performance and providing financial governance and analysis required to maximize long-term free cash flow.
• BA/BS in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or other fields with analytical focus
• Previous experience with finance
• A self-starter that thrives in a dynamic environment and demonstrates financial acumen and experience delivering quantitative analyses
• Analytical, with a passion for learning and delivering innovative customer-centric solutions
• English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages
• Proven ability to develop relationships with business partners
• Proven ability to solve complex problems and perform root cause analyses, prioritizing workload and achieving effective results within tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing, and often ambiguous environment
• Advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Previous experience with logistics, supply chain or engineering
• MBA or CIMA/ACCA other advance degree
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos, etc.)
• Bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.