Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Advertising Finance team seeks an analytical and driven Financial Analyst to support the product teams in the rapidly growing Audio & Devices Advertising businesses. This individual will be responsible for producing reports and models that make our data more actionable, developing and communicating business insights through data analytics, and creating various analyses during the various business review, planning, and forecasting phases in finance. The successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables.
The right individual can dive deep into data to understand and identify business trends, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively and implement process enhancements. The successful candidate will have a proven work ethic and a track record of delivering results.
Key job responsibilities
• Produce, analyze, and improve weekly reporting for the business
• Support annual / quarterly revenue planning processes
• Month end close duties to reconcile revenue
• Ensure data integrity as owner of multiple datasets by troubleshooting data related issues and implementing mechanisms to proactively detect possible issues
• Identify reporting issues and gaps in processes, and then resolve them
• Support the design and implementation of reporting solutions and metrics to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions
• Ad hoc analysis including creating, maintaining and expanding the scope of the models that help drive the business
About the team
The DAV advertising product finance team directly supports Amazon Device, Audio, and Video advertising demand-side platform (DSP) product teams. We also act as internal partners to support and drive our ad sales and supply teams. Our focus is to accelerate top-line revenue and improve profitability by evaluating overall ad supply monetization and utilization, product feature or sales package adoption, campaign performance, and other various product drivers of growth.
• 2+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias and a minimum 2 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years’ relevant experience in positions that require financial analysis including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
• 2+ years’ experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• Advanced Excel expertise (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
• Experience in writing or enhancing SQL scripts to retrieve applicable data sets for requested analysis
• Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Experience in designing and building reports and dashboards in Excel, Tableau, or Amazon QuickSight
• Comfortable with analyzing large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to different stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle/Report Studio)
• Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.