Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Meta is seeking a seasoned leader to lead the revenue accounting governance for all products, including ads and emerging products. As the successful candidate, you will be in charge of managing the technical accounting assessment of our dynamic ads revenue products, responsible for understanding the finer details of proposed or executed transactions through review of available contracts and agreements. You focus on accounting risk assessment by collaborating closely with key cross-functional business partners including deal desk, legal, engineering, and the broader finance team. You leverage your strong technical accounting acumen to identify key accounting issues and to recommend accounting solutions, supporting the highly complex ads business to move fast safely. An independent and critical thinker, you love gleaning insights from data and embracing complexity and changes. You are experienced in designing beautiful and scalable processes to solve problems. You foster deep collaboration, lead and influence across functions, exercise thoughtful decision making and inspire intellectual curiosity.
Revenue Technical Accounting Manager, Ads Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product, Legal, Sales, Engineering, and Marketing teams to support review of new product launches and ongoing business initiatives.
- Analyze new and existing ad products and features including design, performance obligations, and pricing, to provide accounting, risk management support, and ensure operational readiness.
- Partner with Legal, Sales and Deal Desk teams on deal negotiations.
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal revenue recognition policies for new and existing ad products. Partner with the ads revenue controllership team to evaluate impact to accounting conclusions from any product changes.
- Partner with our International Technical Accounting team to assess technical accounting impact on related IFRS accounting standards, and with our SEC reporting team to ensure accurate disclosure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Experience researching and documenting new accounting guidance/policy and the accounting treatment of complex revenue recognition issues
- Proven understanding of complex products and assess accounting implications
- Business partnering and collaboration skills
- Experience designing and executing deal review processes to ensure accurate accounting assessment of performance obligations
- Experienced in communicating with audiences at multiple levels, experience to distill complex concepts into concise actionable conclusions
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities
- 10+ years of relevant experience in accounting, including experience in revenue recognition and product accounting
- Industry knowledge of online ads platform and macro tech industry drivers
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.