Gap Inc. operates Gap, Banana Republic, Intermix, and Athleta brands—offering quality clothing and accessories for men, women, and children on an international scale.
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Assists in the leadership, development and implementation of inventory business initiatives across the organization. Identifies and recommends on-going opportunities for improvement and changes across departments. Responsible for coordinating the financial close process and for managing outside auditor queries regarding inventory transactions and reconciliations.
What You’ll Do
- Thorough understanding of corporate inventory systems and their impact to the General Ledger.
- Consults with Brand / GapTech business partners to ensure new business initiatives / systems correctly update the inventory stock ledger and maintain a strong internal control environment
- Supports the fiscal closing process in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare month-end journal entries, complex balance sheet reconciliations and comprehensive supporting schedules
- Supports/Manages several accrual processes and inventory reserves to ensure the financial integrity of internally and externally reported inventory valuation.
- Provides ad hoc analysis and presents conclusions and recommendations to senior management
- Ensure compliance with internal controls (SOX) and proper documentation of processes
- Support external audit requests as required including providing quarterly PBCs
Who You Are
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements including balance sheets and general ledgers, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and the entire financial close process
- High level of individual accountability and the ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships in the business
- High level of emotional intelligence and be able to work under strict deadlines
- Savvy in entire MS Office Suite; strong Excel skills are needed to manage large amounts of data
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.