MUFG Union Bank, N.A., is part of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the fifth largest financial group in the world.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Associate / AVP is a Senior Financial Analyst role on the Americas Finance team supporting Risk and Compliance line of business.
Finance Responsibilities include:
- Create and manage Financial Budgets and Forecasts
- Utilize multiple systems to gather information and assist in production of Management Reporting
- Perform Financial Analysis and identify Business Drivers impacts
- Take a “deep dive” into the data and infrastructure behind the scenes – understand the foundational data that drivers our processes and reporting
- Participate in working sessions with Senior level Business Partners to address business needs and resolve issues
- Cost Reduction Initiatives
- Location Strategy
- Real Estate
- Own Accrual Accounting month-end close processes including preparation of journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Own and maintain Cost Allocation methodologies
- Focus on continually enhancing, simplifying, and automating processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA a plus
- Detail-oriented self-starter with a willingness to take ownership of responsibilities
- Desired 2-4 years in Banking Industry with experience in Budgeting, Forecasting, Reporting
- Proficient MS Office; Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint a plus
- Strong Analytical skills and sound judgement
- Excellent time management and communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.