Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) Finance is looking for a Finance Manager to be the trusted finance partner for multiple fulfillment centers supporting operational and functional leaders. Amazon operates the most complex retail networks in the world, delivering billions of packages to hundreds of millions of homes and businesses annually and we have nearly doubled the size of our fulfillment network over the last two years! Come be part of this tremendous growth and join a dedicated team committed to operational and financial excellence where you will focus on the inputs, think like an owner and where every day is Day One.
Key job responsibilities
Success in Role:
You understand your business and influence priorities to ensure your targets can be met. With the help of your team you dive deep into the results and influence your business partners and challenge them to ‘Think Big’ on driving performance and delivering on our customer promise. You communicate effectively verbally and in writing across all levels to influence decision making. You set priorities for your team and provide ongoing coaching and support developing your team and helping remove barriers for them is critical. Finally, you recognize controllership gaps and work to address.
Business Finance Support:
- Use solid finance and business acumen to set direction for analysis and modeling that meets business needs.
- Monitor teamwork for accuracy and establish processes to audit data and reporting.
- Dive deep to build analyses, models, and narratives with broad scope that deliver results for the business.
- Educating business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs while making thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there may be scarcity of data points.
- Identify and build solutions that resolve finance issues, automate, scale, simplify or standardize processes, challenging the status quo.
- Oversee financial reporting for your business area, understanding input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning by using data to provide advice and/or disruptive ideas.
- With Controllership as the top priority, you will identify, resolve, or provide guidance on the resolution of complex data integrity issues while improving controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
- Work cross-functionally to implement controls and embed solutions across teams.
- Intuitively utilize active listening skills to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner, adjusting your style based on audience, to articulate complex finance issues that enables informed decision-making.
- Create effective business partnership with Site Leaders, manage competing priorities, and provide guidance during unexpected events.
- Have backbone, disagree and commit to effectively lean in, foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, and lead the resolution of issues and/or decisions.
- Plan for the future by identifying and sponsoring Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that strengthen the Finance community such as diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Exhibit social responsibility, actively recruit bar raising talent and continuously develop your team while becoming a supportive mentor of the Finance community.
- Lead cross-functional projects that may be outside of your direct scope, from requirements through implementation, driving measurable positive change in operational, business, and financial performance or improved controllership.
A day in the life
No day in Operations is ever the same! As a Finance Manager in the Central California team you will work in a fast-paced, high-energy and ever-changing environment. You’ll work alongside your Ops and Support teams to help make Amazon the Earth’s Best Employer: Production meetings, labor planning, business reviews and data driven analysis will encompass your days. You may even get to pack a box or two!
About the team
This role will partner closely with a broad range of Senior Leaders and Executives in Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Procurement, Accounting, HR and Technology. This role plays a critical role as a financial advocate and business partner. This role will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements and reporting on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- This role supports the Central Region. This role can be based from a fulfillment center located in Sacramento, California or Tracy, California.
- Travel 10+% between sites.
- Schedule may require occasional work on weekends or holidays.
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Power BI, Tableau, Essbase and/or Cognos), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.