You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
About BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com
About the Business: Alternative Investment Services Operations (AIS)
At BNY Mellon, AIS provides fund administration-based services to a wide range of legal structures including hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity, private credit and real estate funds. In connection with providing administration services, the AIS Accounting Team is responsible for both portfolio accounting and fund accounting, which includes fee calculations and investor allocations. The AIS Accounting Team serves as an aggregator of data that is used to compile the fund’s Net Asset Value (NAV) on a pre-determined liquidity period (i.e. daily, monthly, quarterly).
About the group: Hedge Funds
The Hedge Fund teams are Books & Records for Hedge Funds and we provide Administration Services for our clients. This involves Portfolio Accounting & NAV Allocation services as part of daily & monthly deliverables where the frequency is driven by client needs. You will be responsible for completing funds, resolving breaks, preparing reporting for review, and complying with necessary controls. We are looking for someone who works well in a collaborative team environment, excited about meeting client deliverables, has a high attention to detail and is a critical thinker.
- Provides accounting support activities for funds of higher complexity.
- Reviews work of more junior colleagues and provides technical assistance on complex matters.
- Performs a variety of accounting and net asset value (NAV) production functions (including NAV construction and validation, NAV review, dissemination and reporting activities) for more complex assigned funds.
- Assists in reviewing data and resolving intricate problems that may arise during the normal daily, weekly or monthly accounting and reporting.
- Tracks data and maintains accounting records for funds of higher complexity in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Provides requested data to team members.
- Prepares system-generated accounting reports or templates consisting of multiple or advanced data sets and conducts general data validation and reconciliation.
- Reviews work of junior team members.
- Regularly works with client staff to exchange information with respect to cash, accounting, and reporting of daily and monthly client activities and initiatives.
- Communicates data needs and answers client questions.
No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced Fund/Client Accounting Support staff, as needed. Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Experience with accounting support of various asset types (stocks, bonds, futures, options, swaps etc)
- Experience in brokerage/ banking operations/ reconciliation processes
- Excellent client service communication skills
- Analytical skills with focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter with questioning mindset
- Strong excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 2-3 years of total work experience preferred.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.