Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Who we are: The IPAT Operations Finance team centrally manages critical business processes and is responsible for instituting transformative change in finance by providing building blocks for consistent, infrastructure and infusing technical capabilities such as software, machine learning, science and business intelligence that allows FP&A to shift focus to analytical work streams that will drive better business decisions. As part of the team, you use statistical methods and cutting edge data pipelines to build accurate predictive models and deploy automation. You write clear, insightful forecasts for our most senior leaders. You ultimately drive decisions that effect millions of global customers.
Career Opportunities: Operations Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to own the planning and reporting processes centrally for operations: including but not limited to capex, and accounts payable. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon. Persons in this role have advancement opportunities to support different businesses, to lead programs, or to manage local, regional, or global teams.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
- Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events.
- Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
- With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
- Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
- Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
- Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.