Discord is a voice, video, and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Financial Analyst to join our growing Revenue Finance team. Reporting to the Director of Finance for Revenue, you will be responsible for preparing regular reporting and analysis, understanding drivers in our rapidly growing subscription business, maintaining long term forecasts and models, and partnering with cross functional teams to drive new revenue initiatives. In this role you will work with senior leaders across data sciences, product, engineering and operations to make a direct impact on revenue reporting and strategy. Come help us pave the way to a more awesome Discord!
What You Will Do
- Analyze key user and revenue drivers, including by product, by platform, by geography, and by cohort
- Forecast and model subscriber growth and retention
- Build and maintain the long-term revenue and subscriber model
- Identify areas to drive growth opportunities
- Build partnerships with data sciences, product, engineering and operational teams to define revenue strategy
- Lead the identification and buildout of key KPIs and dashboards to track subscriber and revenue health
- Share revenue financial insights with executives across the company
- Improve our processes and create new ones by using thoughtful analysis, best practices, standardization and automation to scale with company growth
You Will Thrive In This Role If…
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, consulting, financial planning & analytics
- Excellent Excel (can perform complex functions) and modeling skills
- Proficiency with GSuite
- Cross-functional collaboration skills with the ability to summarize data
- Strong appreciation and focus on data-driven decision making
- Experience with Looker, Adaptive Insights, and other Rev Finance software
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $111,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $88,800/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!