Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst (SFA) to help own critical functions within the rapidly growing Last Mile org within operations.
This SFA will partner with WW Last Mile technology teams as we build best in class UTR/OTR tech solves to improve AMZL’s speed, quality and cost structure.
This role is more than finance: it requires ability to invent, go beyond the standard business rules to “experiment” and “conceive” together with the business partners to find financial sustainable solutions to scale across the world. This role is strategic in nature (business partnering skills and curiosity are a must!), and is not a typical Finance role. If you’re interested in learning about and shaping the technology used to power Amazon’s deliveries and thrive in complex, ambiguous environments – this may be the role for you!
As a member of a growing team, you will deal with a high level of ambiguity and changing priorities. The successful candidate will maneuver through the ambiguity, communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop analysis and reporting for the WW Last mile technology organizations, which will support financial planning/forecasting, monthly performance analysis, and drive continuous product roll outs/improvements
- Partner across Operations and Last Mile Tech to develop reporting and analyses that provide insight on company performance for stakeholders across 10+ countries
- Partner/Support senior leadership on product/project roadmap based on financial and operational efficiency improvements
- Build financial models to support new product and science initiatives
- Build business cases for launching multiple cutting edge technology features across teams for tech features/product launches
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering or a highly analytical field (e.g., Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years’ relevant experience in positions partnering engineering and/or science teams as finance partner
- MBA in Finance/General Management
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and global environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
- Ability to manage and achieve effective results in an ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.