Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Position: Financial Analyst II
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative economic, financial and other data to support financial planning and operating expense management.
2. Prepare various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including insightful financial performance analysis to achieve business goals.
3. Take ownership, identify process improvement opportunities for existing processes, reporting and controls, and drive positive change across the organization.
4. Understand relevant accounting principles and communicate the application of GAAP to peers and business partners.
5. Participate in writing white papers to support a given accounting position.
6. Document processes.
7. Assess internal controls, identify gaps in the control process, and design additional controls to solve deficiencies.
8. Oversee the monthly close process working closely with finance team to ensure the validity of the financials and report results to senior management.
9. Act independently to complete multiple cross-functional projects with complex objectives.
10. Create and maintain reports using Excel, SQL, Oracle and Essbase.
11. Track down and identify sources of data, determine the validity of the data, and analyze the variance in the data between various systems and reports.
12. Build models to forecast returned units and warranty expense for various products.
13. Build break-even models to provide accurate financial analysis and support Reverse Logistics Operations Team to make the correct end of repair decisions.
14. Establish and track cost-out goals. Organize monthly cost-out review meetings.
15. Coordinate and support the month-end/quarter-end close processes.
16. Develop models/metrics and prepare commentary for Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly business reviews.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
Please disregard the above bullet point and refer to the below listed job qualifications.
A Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, Information Systems or related discipline and 1 year of
experience in financial analysis or accounting analysis, or data analysis. Alternatively, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, Information Systems or
related discipline and 5 years of progressive experience in financial analysis or accounting analysis, or data analysis.
Experience must include:
1. 1 year of experience building and managing financial models for business forecasting and variance analysis using advanced Excel spreadsheet techniques such as v-lookups and pivot
2. 1 year of experience analyzing business processes.
3. 1 year of experience designing and implementing controls.
4. 1 years of experience in financial reporting.
5. 1 year of experience managing cross-functional financial projects including project design, requirements and implementation.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.