Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This position is based in Munich (Germany).
At Amazon we are striving to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we are looking for highly motivated, analytically-minded graduates ready to join our Finance Graduate Rotation Program in Munich (Germany)!
Are you keen to get to know Amazon’s Finance organization and gain a deep insight into the financial systems, processes, and controls used to record Amazon’s growing transaction volume? Would you like to innovate on behalf of our customers and are you excited by logical business thinking? Do you enjoy the freedom to implement and drive your own ideas while working in a diverse environment with flat hierarchies?
As a Finance Graduate, a wide variety of challenging opportunities is waiting for you to provide you with a fast track into the Finance world at Amazon. Supported by senior leaders, experts and mentors, you will have the opportunity to put your analytical and technical skills to the test. Training on the job is one key element to acquire an outstanding skill set.
About The Program
• Start: September 2022
• Duration: 24 months in total, three rotations 8 months each
• Location: Munich, Germany (international experience for single rotations might be available)
• Cross-functional rotations e.g. commercial finance, Finance for logistic operations, Accounting, cash flow management as well as Retail Analytics
• International collaboration and projects
• True ownership and responsibility from Day 1: You will own your business unit and project to enhance process efficiencies in your department
• Mentoring and a variety of training opportunities: Foundational finance training and technical training courses, support to acquire an internationally accepted certification, German language courses if desired
• Exceptional career opportunities after the program in a global network: You will own the decision about your next career step within the global Amazon network.
Key job responsibilities
Depending on your individual past experiences, skill set and interests, you will rotate through three of the following core finance departments in Amazon.
• Commercial Finance: You will own the financial responsibility for a multi-million dollar product line in one of our retail categories. You will learn about the retail P&L, core KPIs and main Retail Finance IT systems and work with different business teams improving our customer experience.
• Finance for logistic operations: This rotation includes insights into FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) and operational controlling in one of our fulfillment centers in DE/CZ/PL/SK. You will support business decision making by using KPIs, preparing forecasts of volumes as well as financial forecasts.
• Finance Operations: You will learn about working capital management (Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable), business partnering with our vendors for specific categories, tools and systems and you will drive and implement improvement projects.
• Accounting: You will gain deep insights in the financial reporting processes including month-end close processes, statutory reporting processes, automation of manual processes and support external audits. You will acquire detailed knowledge of financial reporting processes and solid analysis skills of financial statements.
• Pricing: Analytical skills are key for the Pricing team. You will develop your analytical acumen by building robust models and you will partner with different business teams in order to drive customer satisfaction.
• In final year of study for Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or graduated recently/young professional
• Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering or Mathematics
• First practical experience in Finance in an international environment (internship, working student)
• Exceptional Excel skills
• Excellent English language skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Outstanding analytical skills and problem solving
• Strong attention to detail
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.