Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Employer: Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Position: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Seattle, WA
Multiple positions available:
1. Work closely with business leaders to drive financial planning process and scaling mechanisms to support our global business and develop financial models to assist in evaluating new business concepts, turning insights into operational measurements.
2. Provide short-term and long-term financial planning and build financial models for new business concepts.
3. Present financial summary and business insights to senior management.
4. Tighten internal controls for program spending and headcount tracking.
5. Leverage experience in influencing business owners and supportive decision-making in rapidly evolving environments.
6. Utilize analytical, financial modeling, and reporting skills.
7. Work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment.
8. Meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
9. Influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives.
10. Dive into the details of productivity metrics and cost measurement including ROI and customer lifetime value analysis.
11. Leverage and utilized experience with Essbase, Cognos, TM1, and Oracle Financials or similar tools.
12. Provide data extraction using SQL, and Advanced Excel skills, or similar tools.
13. Up to 40% Telecommuting is allowed.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
Please disregard the above bullet point and refer to the below job qualifications.
A Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, or related discipline and 3 years of experience in financial analysis or consulting. In the alternative, a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, or related discipline followed by 5 progressively responsible years of experience in financial analysis or consulting.
Experience must include:
1) 3 years of experience with financial and business forecasting and analysis using statistical, data mining and/or Business Intelligence tools (equivalent to SAS, Oracle SQL, IBM COGNOS BI or Essbase).
2) 3 years of experience with advanced excel spreadsheet modeling (linear optimization using tools, excel solver, automation/VBA, or related advanced spreadsheet techniques) to aid managerial decision making.
3) 3 years of experience managing finance driven projects including project design, budgeting, and implementation.
4) 3 years of experience reporting and presenting business analysis and recommendations to senior management or clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.