Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon. In AWS Service Finance, you will have opportunities to solve significant business problems through innovative technology and revolutionary customer experiences.
AWS Service Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to support the AWS Cloud Management. This position will work closely with both finance management and key business partners to drive controllership, planning, analysis, and decision support for Cloud Management.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
Key job responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead key analytical projects that influence and drive the business
• Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
• Build out and enhance financial models, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses
• Compile and review financial results and operational plans and communicate results to company leaders
• Create, maintain and improve management reporting
• Drive the financial planning / budgeting process
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
• Exceptional analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to build financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Must be comfortable working in cross functional teams
• Ability to work across all levels of management
• Experience with data manipulation using SQL or similar tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.