Esri is the world leader in geographic information system (GIS) software development and believes The Science of Where can transform society by unlocking data's full potential in every organization.
Provide support to many departments within the company and be responsible for day-to-day functions such as accounting for Sales and Value Added Taxes (VAT) and Sales Tax and VAT compliance. You will be the primary source to provide answers to sales tax and VAT related questions which may require research through online sources or consultants. Working with an integrated ERP system and due to the complexity of the business, this position will provide opportunities to regularly collaborate with others to help formulate, develop, and implement improvements to our processes.
- Research and answer sales/use tax and VAT questions sourced from various co-workers, customers, suppliers and external regulatory authorities
- Assist with the preparation of data collection for monthly, quarterly, and annual sales/use tax and VAT return filings in various states or countries
- Support and review the timely preparation of US Indirect Tax and VAT filings for various states and countries as assigned
- Perform sales/use and VAT account review and reconciliations with a focus to maximize indirect tax related refunds and correct inappropriate accounting entries
- Assist with the monitoring and maintenance of the tax engine for verification and application of correct tax
- Coordinate sales/use tax and VAT related audits
- Exposure to domestic and international withholding and income tax filings; research for various domestic and international entities
- 3+ years of experience with filing sales/use tax, VAT, or international income tax returns
- Demonstrated experience researching tax laws and case rulings
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, negotiating, reasoning, and problem solving
- Ability to develop strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs
- Bachelor’s in accounting or in related area with accounting certificate
- Familiar with sales/use tax and VAT laws and regulations as well as filing requirements for various states and multiple countries
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP software, and Microsoft Access
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Ability to analyze accounts, identify issues, resolve differences, and recommend process improvements
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.