Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are Amazon’s Finance Operations Services organization (FinOps) and responsible for Amazon’s Accounts Payables (AP) and Receivables (AR) Teams. We ensure on-time, accurate payments, billings and collections on behalf of North American Business Channels. If motivating effective teams, raising the bar by diving deep into data, and driving process improvements are your key attributes, then Amazon’s Finance Operations Accounts Payable team has the perfect role for you.
We are seeking a hands-on team leader to spearhead an Accounts Payable team that drives operational excellence and delivers measurable business impact. The ideal candidate will have excellent program and operations management, problem-solving and communication skills and be effective interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. Candidate will work directly with vendors and their management tools, processes, and mechanisms, as well as Amazon internal stakeholders and fulfillment operations to scale our growing business and address outstanding payment and billing questions and issues. This dive deep leader will also generate, and leverage insights based on Amazon’s unique data and metrics to lead tactical discussions with Financial Operations business teams to support FinOps leaders in making informed decisions.
This role is based in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy-efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth, including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
Key job responsibilities
• Works hand-in-hand with newly created cross-functional team of accounts payable (AP) analysts in collaboration with upstream business, operations and technology teams to integrate scalable end-to-end Procure-to-Pay (P2P) and Order-to-Cash (O2C) processes and solutions.
• Set and execute business objectives; validate, monitor, and deliver on key success metrics, and execute on delivery roadmaps.
• Partner with senior leaders to drive strategic initiatives for long-term success
• Develop financial and operational plans to achieve long-term business goal
• Execute accurate financial reporting and planning, tracking performance, and providing recommendations for corrective actions
• Obsess on customer service and train new hires to do the same by establishing the Amazon Day 1 Culture based on our Leadership Principles.
• Systemically intake, escalate, and triage vendor payments (payables and billings) contacts and issues and follow-through to resolution, including executive-level communication.
• Recognize escalation trends and identify underlying defects and root causes.
• Partner with and influence business partners and other teams to resolve defects.
• Identify and implement best practices to streamline the P2P and O2C processes; document operating procedures for complex vendors and situations.
• Leverage data from numerous databases and internal tools (using Excel, SQL, or other data management systems) to perform reporting and analysis.
• Communicate directly with vendors to resolve invoice and billing discrepancies and ensure timely and accurate receivables.
• Research P2P and O2C issues to identify and resolve process challenges and defects.
• Educate internal and external customers on self-service tools.
• Work across US/Canada time zones as needed. Work with India business partners.
• 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, or related analytical field
• 5+ years of management, finance operations, or related experience
• Proven operations and management experience with an ability to directly or indirectly recruit, train, and motivate complex teams within a rapid and abstract environment, with the highest level of controllership.
• Experience in either Accounts Payable (procure to pay), Accounts Receivable (order to cash), and/or Cost Data management
• Experience in data-driven process improvements and operational excellence. Expertise in Six Sigma or other Lean defect reduction techniques preferred.
• Ability to work directly with internal and external customers via written and verbal methods, and translate technical aspects of analysis into actionable insights for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Demonstrated data analytics proficiency. Possess advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOK UP, HLOOK UP, SumIfs, filters, basic functions, tables) and fluency with at least one advanced analytical tool (Python, R, SAS, etc.), or experience using Tableau or other BI tools
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long-term planning and day-to-day progress tracking and execution.
• Customer Service excellence; experience working with vendors as either a cost or financial analyst/manager
• Excellent time management skills. Ability to prioritize, work independently, and deliver on urgent priorities.
• Comfortable training and presenting new and complex analyses in a simple, easy to digest way to FinOps executive level stakeholders.
• Experience in Shared Services, Accounts Payable operations.
• Experience in e-Commerce, Digital Devices Industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.