Bank of New York Mellon (BNYM) is seeking to hire a dynamic, self-motivated individual to lead our FP&A team. The Asset Servicing and Digital business is core to BNYM’s comprehensive range of asset servicing capabilities is unparalleled in scale, precision, and quality. Clients rely on BNYM to be a trusted partner to safeguard and service assets around the world.
The FP&A will be responsible for working closely with our business leaders and product CFOs on planning and forecasting, as well as deep financial analysis. The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of product and client profitability, revenue and expense drivers. This candidate will have a strong commercial mindset, prior PNL experience, product knowledge, with a strong track record for executing on process enhancements to drive efficiency.
- Responsible for understanding revenue and expense drivers and able to explain results and provide business insights
- Linkage of the economic Sales plan to financial plan and provide rich business commentary on drivers and variances
- Refine forecasting process to improve accuracy and consistent process
- Thorough understanding of technology and operations expenses, drivers and variances
- Streamline, digitize and establish best practices around monthly reporting
- Understand competitive benchmarking and market analysis to help business understand competitive position and potentially gaps in offering
- Ensure accurate client profitability reporting
- Proactively focus on problem identification and problem solving
- Ad-hoc analysis to drive better business outcomes
- Monthly and quarterly earnings prep and analysis and Q&A preparation for analyst and investor meetings
- Good judgement, maturity, and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior management
- Thoughtful analytical skills and commercial mindset with an ability to draw conclusions
- Self-starter: ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls
- Energetic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills; proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint
- Exceptional presentation skills and verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years of experience in financial services, preferably with Sales, Data or Finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related area
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.