Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The PXT Finance team is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the PXT FP&A team. The PXT Finance team is responsible for all financial planning and forecasting activities for Amazon People Experience and Technology. The successful candidate will work with senior leaders across the PXT and Finance teams and have a proven track record of influencing decisions through effective communication, data driven analyses and sound reasoning. Candidates should have a good understanding of financial planning processes, a relentless drive towards improving and simplifying processes, a passion for automation, and ability to deal with ambiguity.
Additionally, the candidate will drive operational controllership and develop new mechanisms to drive scale, automation and efficiencies.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead efforts around Amazon forecasting cycles for PXT, including: Annual Operating Plan; 3 Year Forecast; and Quarterly Guidance, including communication with senior leadership and internal customers
- Collaborating and coordinating activities with internal finance teams on all planning cycles
- Forecasting and planning operating expenses
- Spearhead new initiatives on process improvements and automation efforts
- Leading cross-functional projects and ad-hoc financial analyses
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to drive change, including automating and simplifying processes
- Facilitating and driving meetings with senior leaders
- Experience writing SQL queries, knowledge of reporting tools such as Cognos, Tableau, and AWS Quicksight
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
- Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.