Are you passionate about business and technology coming together to deliver the future of finance and accounting services to a variety of clients? Would you like to work with one of the fastest growing professional services firms in the country who are an industry leader in technology implementations?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly (BT) as a Consulting Directorr! The Consulting Director is responsible for managing service delivery processes and infrastructure that drive customer service excellence and support the growth of our business. The position plays a key role in management and development of a staff of ERP Implementation Professionals through management of multiple projects and customers simultaneously following our prescriptive implementation methodology resulting in in-scope, on-budget, on-time delivery, high customer satisfaction, and successful customer adoption.
As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
- Leadership responsibility for the Professional Services delivery team, inclusive of executing our strategy, including improvements to efficiency, budgets, and processes as FaaS scales
- Support recruitment, development and leading a high-caliber deliver team while balancing exceptional customer experience and career development. Help create an environment that drives customer and employee satisfaction by building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Oversee project related activities and deliverables with customers, team members and Sage Intacct resources to ensure successful project completion
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Manage stakeholder relationships at the highest level. Oversee escalations of customers’ issues. Train and support relationship maintenance and development, including modeling proactive risk management and mitigation
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
- Collaborate with team leadership to identify operational hurdles. Automate and simplify processes, controls, and workflows to facilitate on-time, consistent delivery of service offerings across channels, while also reducing/eliminating inefficiencies
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in business preferred
- CPA designation highly desired
- Ten (10)+ years of similar experience required, five (5)+ years in a consulting environment preferred
- Three (3)+ years as direct manager over five (5) employees with indirect leadership over up to 20+ preferred
- Experience in implementing ERP Applications, ideally Sage Intacct, and a strong business acumen and understanding of accounting software and financial principles required
- Exceptional Project Management: Ability to manage a portfolio of large, complex, and rapidly evolving projects including high standards for timeline, budget, reporting and execution. Proven expertise in quickly evaluating project and effecting course corrections to maximize impact and scale with companies’ growth
- Industry experience: Understanding of mid-market delivery and capability to manage teams comprised of consultants, accountants, and technical resources.
- Experience working in a software company or Valued Added Reseller (VAR) environment desired
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship highly preferred
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.