The Amazon Advertising team seeks a Financial Analyst to join its finance department to support the Advertising Marketing team. The role will work closely with Finance and Marketing teams in creation of advertiser insights, validating financial results for Marketing investments and advertising product growth initiatives, and driving controllership. We are looking for a motivated candidate who has operated successfully in fast-paced, result-oriented environments, and has the ability to influence the decisions of business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of analyses.
This role is available in New York City, NY, or Arlington, VA.
Key job responsibilities
• Controllership of Marketing investment, understanding actuals, challenging variances and tracking action plans to bring financial results back to plan when necessary
• Active business partner to drive decisions on where to invest for Marketing initiatives
• Produce and analyze performance metrics to establish and measure business goals
• Partner closely with the Marketing Team to provide financial support as we find and attract new digital advertisers and deepen our insights on how to improve advertiser retention
• Coordinate and help drive the weekly, monthly and quarterly Business Review process
• Manage quarterly forecast, annual plan and long range plan of the business
• Participate in projects that drive efficiency or quality; manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish
A day in the life
The Financial Analyst must be detail oriented, have strong finance skills, and strong organizational and project management skills. This Financial Analyst will need to roll up her/his sleeves, work independently, and have a high level of ownership and accountability. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for creating key performance indicators, analyzing Marketing strategy to maximize revenue, and providing financial guidance for prioritization and decision-making. This position will collaborate with Marketing business leaders on a daily basis and will be contributing to overall financial modeling and analysis during requirements planning and business reviews.
About the team
The Amazon Advertising Marketing Finance department works closely with the Marketing teams to analyze marketing initiatives, validate financial results of investments and advertising product growth initiatives, and drive controllership across the organization
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS degree from top tier university
• Relevant work experience, including analytical positions such as financial analyst or business analyst
• Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
• Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
• Ability to think strategically and execute tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.