Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Worldwide Commercial Sales Finance team to support the Worldwide Private Equity Business Development (WW PEBD) organization. This is a business partnership role with significant opportunity for visibility and impact through financial controllership, insightful analysis, and strategic support. This Senior Financial Analyst will partner with multiple stakeholders to help this fast-growing, global team scale its influence across AWS.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Produce month-end commentary and analysis on key drivers for business performance, risks and opportunities, and recommendations for improvement. Lead financial reporting, analysis, and short- and long-term planning.
- Deliver analysis and recommendations to enhance productivity, accelerate growth, improve processes. Identify new key metrics and communicate best practices.
- Provide strategic support to key business initiatives and investments. Build models to measure the impact of past initiatives, assess the feasibility of new ideas, and support decision making.
- Validate and improve controllership functions. This includes but is not limited to reporting accuracy, budget tracking mechanisms, and quality of writing.
- Develop and maintain effective business partnership by engaging directly with leadership to present financial summaries and business insights, as well as by working collaboratively across teams and functions.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with excellent modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interactions with the sales leadership team, and therefore requires effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in finance, business, economics, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Experience building and managing Excel models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and decision support
- Experience manipulating data using SQL or similar tools
- Experience in a business partnering role
- Experience working independently, meeting tight deadlines, and being a self-starter in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Experience influencing decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
- Experience improving processes, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.