About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst…
In this role, you will:
- Meet the company’s regulatory, Security and Exchange Commission and other external financial reporting requirements
- Support external financial reporting activities with a thorough understanding of reporting requirements, end to end reporting processes, and data needed to deliver accurate and complete financial reporting
- Support implementation of moderate to complex projects and initiatives
- Provide accounting technical regulatory capital and regulatory reporting guidance
- Identify compliance and risk management requirements for supported area
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Communicate and provide consultation with experienced stakeholders throughout the enterprise
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- A Master of Business Administration or designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Essbase or SmartView experience
- Knowledge of Workiva-WDesk
- 2+ years of financial reporting experience
- 2+ years of public accounting experience
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to analyze quantitative or qualitative data
- Financial services industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.