Liberty Mutual Insurance
When you enter finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you will find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees’ careers.
The Comptroller Operational Mobility and Effectiveness Team (COMET) is a newly formed group within Liberty Mutual that provides a unique opportunity for finance and accounting team members to gain exposure and experience across all areas of the Comptroller Group on a set rotational schedule. COMET’s mission is to simultaneously provide team members with the opportunity to maximize abilities to learn and grow, while empowering all areas of the Comptroller Group to flexibly leverage a highly-skilled, diverse team capable of providing uplift at key times, or on key initiatives.
Responsible for the thorough execution of book close and financial reporting processes and development of financial plans and analyzes and reports in a deadline focused environment via a defined rotational schedule across the Comptroller Group. Uses increasing expertise to manage the accurate completion of the team’s assignments while developing the capabilities of teammates. Communicates accounting issues, trends and policy to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail. Leads increasingly complex and innovative efforts to continuously improve processes to ensure work is performed in the fastest, most efficient means possible.
This position is open to remote based candidates. Must be able to work east coast hours
- Lead and deliver rotation-based assignments within the Comptroller Group to support the accurate and timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual book close cycles and development of accurate budgets and financial plans through effective planning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Based on the needs of each assignment, you will perform complex accounting activities and analyses, create financial statement schedules and management reports, on-going financial forecasts and models using advanced technical knowledge to support business decision making and document internal control procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Encouraged to make recommendations for enhancements to Comptroller Group processes and associated financial systems and participate in their implementation.
- Continually assesses the business value and efficiency of the work performed, identifying and implementing improvements. Initiates and/or lead increasingly complex department projects and continuous improvement activities based on visibility and experience across the Comptroller organization.
- Cultivates an environment focused on development by supporting teammates’ strengths and sharing knowledge through training or reviewing their work.
- Bachelor`s degree (Finance or Accounting) required. CPA or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of finance and/or consulting experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to drive results.
- Communicates well with own team and across organizational boundaries to ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
- Comfortable leading meetings and able to communicate issues and trends to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail.
- Solid understanding of Finance Tools and Analytical Methods.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.