First Citizens Bank
- This position is responsible for directing, managing, and implementing the annual audit plan for a major/complex Bank Division or multiple Bank Divisions through senior level management and professional level teams. Maintains and supports the strategic development and implementation of the financial, and operational plans, policies and mission within Internal Audit to protect organizational assets while ensuring compliance with regulations. Collaborates with other members of the executive management team to build and foster strategic, productive and influential relationships to align departmental and Business Unit strategy or direction with the overall goals of the Bank. Develops procedures to support audit infrastructure and personnel. Maintains a significant span of control through personal leadership, serving as non-voting members/attendees to the Board of Directors’ Committees and key management sub-committees, and building influential relationships with key parties.
- Managerial Functions – Establishes an internal audit plan and assigns activities for assigned areas of responsibility. Directs short and long-term development of associates across the department. Provides leadership and oversight to Internal Audit. Identifies projects, functions, or areas to be audited. Manages the recruitment, training, development, retention, and evaluation of direct and indirect reports. Provides audit and professional development to enhance performance. Oversees special projects and other initiatives, including execution of the Bank’s Sarbanes-Oxley program.
- Risk Mitigation – Leads the investigation and management of key inter-dependencies that impact business unit and corporate risk. Monitors and makes recommendations on risk assessment strategies, goals, and processes to ensure maximum coverage of the Bank. Leads the annual risk assessment and recommends high leverage action to reduce risks.
- Business Strategy – Analyzes business processes to identify efficiencies, key objectives, and optimal level of control and risks. Utilizes external networks and other resources to keep current on and lead discussions on industry risks, regulatory updates, and pronouncements to assess relevancy and impact to the Bank. Keeps executive management and staff informed of trends and best practices and regulations affecting internal audit which contribute to the development of the three-year audit plan.
- Policy Creation – Develops internal audit policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization. Actively drives policy enhancement and transformation.
- Relationship Development – Collaborates with Bank executives and senior leadership, building and fostering strategic, productive and influential relationships. Address and provide recommendations on complex risks and regulatory issues. Maintains influential relationships with management, external auditors, and regulators. Serves on Board of Director committees such as the Audit, Board Risk, and Trust Committees, and liaises with key parties to represent department.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years of experience in Audit including at least 10 years management
- License or Certification Type: Designation as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other relevant industry certifications Required
- Skill(s): Knowledge of major regulatory areas of focuses including Consumer Compliance Regulations, FFIEC Guidance, Stress Testing, Model Risk Management, Capital Planning and Forecasting, Enterprise Risk Management, and Operational Risk Management, Data Governance, etc., Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC Rules, and SOX Act, Ability to demonstrate courage and independence when communicating with executive management and senior leadership when presenting complex issues, recommendations, and audit opinions., Ability to travel as needed