Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Who we are:
Amazon’s Emerging Countries Customer Fulfillment centralized team is established with the mission to drive customer experience and cost improvement and support business growth in the countries in scope. As ECCF finance team, we play a vital part in achieving ECCF vision. We drive this vision by delivering visibility to best-at-amazon benchmarks across all cost KPIs, by developing clear fulfillment and delivery models based on each country’s labor and demand requirements, and by partnering with local retail and operations partners to achieve their cost and cash flow entitlements.
ECCF Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to play a key role on the central finance team. As a member of the ECCF central finance team, this role will help develop the cost KPI benchmarking and own the decision making processes for Fulfillment / Delivery models for each country, partnering with the regional finance teams. This role will require strong financial analysis skills while also developing strong partnership with supply chain and engineering experts in the ops teams to build the optimal benchmarking and fulfillment models adjusted for the local factors.
This role partners closely with a broad range of global finance and business leaders. The role also has stakeholders in country leaders, product teams, technology teams, and regional finance teams. This role works with product managers, operations managers, and data scientists. This role designs, develops, and maintains key performance and financial measurements and reports on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements, provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting, and manage special projects to continuously lower costs for customers and improve speed of delivery. Working with the technology, operations and retail partners, the successful candidate will help in the prioritization and execution of key operations & technology programs which will ultimately accelerate the profitable growth of Amazon ECCF business.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
• Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
• Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or Master’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Experience in Operations finance or Supply Chain finance
• Ability to create strong partnerships with diverse international teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.