Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Advertising Finance team seeks a curious, analytical and driven Financial Analyst to be a key business partner to the US Large Customer Sales team for this rapidly growing business. The successful candidate will own end-to-end business support for our growing Auto, Retail & Hospitality vertical team. This individual will be responsible for leading the business reviews including measuring and driving focus on our key input metrics and health of the business. The successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have strong communication skills and solid business acumen capable of driving results and improving processes. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize.
Key job responsibilities
- Produce, analyze, and present weekly reporting for the business
- Support revenue planning for forecasts and annual planning
- Month end close duties to accrue and reconcile revenue
- Lead deep dives into the business
- Partner with senior sales leadership to drive the business
- Ad hoc analysis including creating, maintaining and expanding the scope of the models that help drive the business
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years’ relevant experience in positions that require financial analysis including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
- 3+ years’ experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- Advanced Excel expertise (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- Advanced SQL skills for data analysis and report automation
- Advanced VBA skills for report automation
- Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience establishing processes and coordinating multiple teams to facilitate timely and accurate deliverables
- Comfortable with analyzing large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle/Report Studio)
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.