Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from ‘I want that’ to ‘that’s on the way’ in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry’s best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you’ll be taking part in changing the future of shopping.
This team is looking for a world-class Finance Manager who is passionate about the customer experience to act globally and drive innovation. The ideal candidate has outstanding business acumen, intense curiosity, excellent analytical abilities and superior written and verbal communications skills. The candidate will have a strong bias towards data-driven decision-making and will be comfortable with ambiguity while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
The role requires strong understanding of large datasets and Finance, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, an entrepreneurial ability to work with minimal direction, and rapid prototyping. The successful candidate will have the freedom to think big, innovate and create new processes and mechanism to drive controllership and impact all retail businesses worldwide. This is a highly visible role, so influential leadership and communications skills are critical to being a successful candidate A successful member of this team collaborates effectively to solve data problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards.
Responsibilities include to:
- Lead a team to manage and develop financial reports that align, and simplify monthly business reviews, annual planning, and forecasting processes.
- Lead financial controllership aspects of the business, and Build scalable financial processes and metrics by working with functional leaders and other finance teams.
- Lead data analytic discussions in business review meetings with cross functional business stakeholders, senior management and business managers.
- Lead ad hoc financial modelling and analysis
- Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends
- Manage financial controllership, lead weekly and monthly reviews of financial metrics, analyze variances, synthesize key business drivers, and communicate them to senior management in business terms and influence them through presenting actionable drivers.
- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- Proven experience writing complex SQL queries
- Previous experience with reporting tools like Cognos, ableau, OBIEE
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
- Experience communicating results to business leaders
- Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive process changes, program manage roadmaps, and establish clear controllership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including written and oral communication skills
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .