You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
The jobholder is responsible for the delivery of statutory and regulatory financial reporting requirements for client’s collective investment vehicles including the calculation of distribution rates and taxation amounts, taking the senior role in delivery of this for the team. The role involves review activities encompassing the supervision of Fund Accountants and some staff management aspects.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Monitor fund accountant, supervisor performance, conducting appraisals and performing standard staff management activities. Assist in recruitment of fund accountants in conjunction with manager
- Review accounts and subsidiary information for collective investment vehicles ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards and ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards, relevant SORPs and other regulations
- Supervise and monitor production of financial statements and of accounts working papers files
- Liaison with appropriate external and internal parties re team deliverables
- Where appropriate or required deputise for Manager, provide cover for team deliverables and support other Financial Reporting teams
- Plan, organise and monitor the production of accounts and ancillary information for collective investment vehicles
- Review and sign-off of accounts files, distribution information, proof reports and other associated calculations and information
- Ensure effective and cooperative liaison with external parties relevant to team deliverables
- Ensure effective liaison with other internal teams
- Other project work and ad-hoc tasks as required
Skills and experience:
Job Specific Competencies
- Adaptable, flexible and proactive
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Deadline driven with effective time management and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to establish and develop effective relationships
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Experienced accountant with sound double entry and financial accounting knowledge including UK GAAP or equivalent standards exposure
- Good knowledge of the securities industry with experience in an FCA/PRA regulated business
- Experience of IMA SORP requirements and financial reporting for OEIC / Unit Trust or equivalent vehicles [preferable]
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Graduate calibre
- Accounting qualification Qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) or Part Qualified (ACA / ACCA) [preferable]
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.