The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
The purpose of the Project Leader, Finance position is to provide effective leadership of key finance projects and to prepare economic and financial forecasts for use in the development of financial decisions. The successful candidate will oversee the administration of financial policies, conduct special financial studies and coordinates with other departments in the preparation of statistical studies, perform internal and external economic research and analyzes issues related to specific financial metrics to ensure competitiveness, Compile or prepare reports, graphs and charts of data developed, recommend changes in financial analysis methods or procedures.
Assists and supervises Financial Analysts in the daily preparation and conduct of their work.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
PROJECT CONTROL – Develops an effective plan for controlling project scope, schedule and cost, and monitors project execution to ensure that the plan is being followed. Creates and effectively coordinates documentation to explain changes or potential changes to the baseline and ensures the approved changes are implemented.
PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS – Develops an effective plan for communicating project information to the project team and to the project stakeholders. Develops written status reports and scorecards and creates/presents project review documents to senior leadership.
PROJECT RISK ASSESSMENT – Leads the definition of project risks and the required mitigation approaches. Monitors project activities for the occurrence of risks and takes timely action to escalate or mitigate the risk. Advises project team members and stakeholders of actions required or completed.
PROJECT LESSONS LEARNED – At the completion of a project or project phase, captures key lessons learned and communicates to peer Project Leaders. Effectively applies lessons learned in subsequent projects.
PROJECT ENVIRONMENT – Shares responsibility with the project leadership for providing a good working environment. Ensures teams are staffed, duties and responsibilities are understood by everyone and that an inclusive environment is maintained.
Nature and Scope:
Reports to Sr Finance Manager.
This role has no direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Access, and Powerpoint
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- Prior experience in corporate finance and/or retail
- Consulting and project management experience preferred
- Strong financial analysis, strategic thinking, and presentation skills
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong ability to build relationships with business partners
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to perform detailed analyses as well as create executive summaries of the analyses.
- Ability to present and defend own work and work of others to senior leadership.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to influence the decisions of individuals that you do not supervise.