Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking a high performing Financial Analyst II on our Finance team supporting global HR. We work closely with our HR Benefits team to explore new ways to meet the benefits needs for employees, working for our fast paced, dynamic company, to deliver cutting edge solutions.
We are searching for professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, solve complex problems and have an insatiable curiosity. Our Finance team supports global financial reporting, including management information, financial forecasting and annual budgets. This role will support benefits in the Americas region. Our team works to simplify processes, enhance internal controls, help shape strategy, and provide better data/reporting for decision making.
This position will have responsibility for supporting all parts of our financial planning and analysis process and will be expected to understand the basics of internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area.
This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Finance and various business and IT groups.
Key job responsibilities
- Create global monthly reporting for presentation to senior management
- Monitor financial metrics to identify and mitigate risk
- Assist in the annual planning processes
- Drive analysis supporting monthly close
- Identify ways to simplify and improve complex business processes as well as improve internal controls
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- Advanced data management and analysis, experience with Power BI or Tableau is preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Proactive, process and results driven, able to set priorities correctly and commits to deadlines
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Excellent judgment and ability to manage diverse stakeholders
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, able to dive into data to perform robust variance analysis
- Familiarity with financial systems such a Cognos and/ or TM1
- A working understanding of an internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.