goldmansachs Goldman Sachs
Like most financial institutions, Goldman Sachs specializes in several key areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investment research, securities and risk management, and technological innovation.
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm’s compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We’re looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm’s operations and control processes.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Plan and execute audit testing to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to IA senior management and business clients
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA’s processes and supporting infrastructure
General Skills & Experience:
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- In-depth technical knowledge of relevant product areas
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability and experience in managing and developing staff
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in a public accounting or internal audit role within the financial services industry or a related control function
- Degree in a finance, accounting, or quantitative discipline, and ideally a graduate degree in a related subject
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CPA, CFA, CIA) is a plus
Team/Product Specific Skills & Experience:
- Solid understanding of financial concepts and/or operations related to controllers and tax functions
- Knowledge in any of the following areas are preferred:
- UK PRA regulatory requirements
- Basel regulatory requirements
- Recovery and Resolution regulatory requirements
- Accounting policy requirements
- Controls surrounding regulatory reporting, legal entity reporting, financial reporting and/or tax reporting
- Other key regulatory requirements in EMEA in a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2022. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity