Who We Are:
Socure is redefining identity verification with groundbreaking technology, supporting myriad organizations with the most accurate authentication tools in the industry.
What we build helps businesses scale faster, stop fraud, and ultimately allows millions of people who are excluded from the digital economy (due to outdated fraud detection models) to take part in it like everyone else.
Our culture is about innovation, winning, and customer obsession. We are full of top performers that prioritize excellence and results, as well as support for one another, on the path to achieving our mission: to verify 100% of good identities in real time and completely eliminate identity fraud for every applicant on the internet.
To learn more about working at Socure visit our career page here: https://www.socure.com/company/careers
What The Role Is:
Socure is looking for an experienced accounting professional to provide technical accounting expertise, engage broadly within the organization, and oversee high-value special projects. The position will be a key member of our growing team will report directly to the Vice-President of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting. The desired candidate is a collaborative, team player with attention to detail and a passion for learning in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze and operationalize complex transactions in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including revenue recognition, software capitalization, business combinations, and stock-based compensation
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various internal stakeholders throughout the organization (e.g., develop internally developed software policy and analyze sales commissions plans with the Sales Operations) and external auditors
- Support the monthly accounting process, including preparation or review of journal entries related to technical accounting transactions
- Assist in drafting accounting policies and technical accounting memoranda on complex transactions
- Monitor, assess and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company
- Assists with special projects as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required, with 3-5 years of progressive experience in public accounting at a large public accounting firm (or a combination of public accounting and private industry experience). Big 4 experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work in a team environment and able to work across different departments
- Self-starter with an interest in learning
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity – every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure’s number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.