Bristol Myers Squibb
Bristol Myers Squibb is dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Senior Manager role will be responsible for financial planning and analysis supporting the US Oncology business. Partnering closely with the commercial team, as well as cross-functional partners, this position supports key financial activities including:
- Development of financial plans (i.e. annual budgets and projections), in line with business objectives and dynamics
- Financial ownership of operating expenses such as advertising, promotional & marketing activities
- Partnering with management to ensure appropriate & optimal resource allocation decisions are made, and expenses remain within budget
- Monitoring business performance, reporting results, and developing recommendations to improve financial performance
- Ad-hoc analysis of sales performance
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ensuring relevant accounting procedures and controls are in place and operating effectively; ensuring results meet all requirements under US GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- CPA, Chartered Accountant and/or an MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in finance roles
- Strong working knowledge of BMS financial systems, including SAP and Hyperion, preferred
- Experience in commercial financial planning and analysis is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, be well organized, have a proven track record of success
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter (highly proactive)
- Experience working in a complex matrix organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork & problem solving skills
- Highest levels of integrity, work ethic and financial stewardship
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.