Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon’s tax team seeks an exceptionally capable and motivated individual to help deliver the Tax Technology support for our Indirect Tax function. The Tax Technology team enables solutions that support the automation of our Tax team’s processes.
The right individual should have a deep understanding of tax and/or accounting concepts, ability to work with or an appetite to work with data, and solid business judgment capable of delivering the right results.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
We are a fast growing team, so we’re looking for candidates who are eager and able to learn new content quickly, who are willing to go into unfamiliar territory, and who possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
This role performs a wide variety of responsibilities for the tax technology organization including:
• Perform hands on detailed data research and analysis of a large financial data set; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues.
• Define business requirements for technical development based on analysis of data sets
• Work with customer teams to identify improvements in efficiency and controllership for their current data processes; teach them how to utilize the designed reporting and functionality in their processes.
• Contribute to the delivery of the indirect tax technology projects, independently drive smaller projects or components of larger projects; support project prioritization discussions, timelines and trade-offs with business partners.
• Build and maintain relationships with our key technology providers, as well as, other technical teams across Amazon.
- 7+ years of experience in tax, finance or a related analytical field.
• 5+ years of experience working with large sets of data and systems
• Ability to explain financial/technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
• Experience with large data sets, data reconciliation, and/or data investigation.
• Proficiency at querying relational databases (SQL) and ability to pull data from various sources.
• Strong critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
• Ability to drive programs with high impact and visibility.
• Experience with indirect sales and use tax and/or revenue accounting.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .