Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to be a key member of our Offline Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon.
The successful candidate will have experience influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self starter with strong financial modeling skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon, so strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Key job responsibilities
- Supporting Offline Sales Discounts and Fixed MDF
- Presenting financial summaries and business insights to senior management
- Developing scalable and efficient financial processes that support the business
- Deriving meaningful insights and recommendations from large data sets
- Tracking initiatives that span multiple business functions
- Leading ad hoc financial analyses and supporting the financial planning process
- Coordinating and supporting planning and month-end close processes
PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based out of one of the following corporate offices: Seattle, Arlington, Sunnyvale, or Los Angeles. With the preferred location being Seattle.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- Technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting principles
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience with Oracle, Essbase, TM1 and similar tools
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Excellent attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and work successfully and effectively on cross-functional team
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.