BlackRock is a global investment firm, trusted to manage more assets than any other.
About this role
Purpose of Position:
The Investment Accounting Group provides accounting & reporting services to our accounting clients. We provide services including the preparation of monthly accounting packages and quarterly footnote schedules, reconciliation of cash and positions, and calculation of portfolio performance. The Reconciliation Analyst will be accountable for reconciling cash balances, transactions, and positions. They will also be researching and timely resolving differences, preparing reconciliations, and recommending and implementing operational improvements to ensure efficient and accurate processes on behalf of the Insurance Accounting clients.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Completing day to day assigned tasks, including control reports, cash and position break resolution, inbox and dashboard monitoring, client and portfolio data maintenance, and daily subscription/redemption activity.
- Providing high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries, perform controls, resolve problems, and mitigate risks for clients and internal BlackRock partners.
- Preparing, and/or reviewing reconciliations between BlackRock, Asset Manager, and Custodian Bank. Includes researching differences and resolving them in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performing ongoing maintenance of the existing accounts to reflect client or account level changes.
- Working with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to resolve issues, as identified.
- Your role is to assist in special projects and initiatives to improve the service offering.
- The ability to prioritize and balance multiple requests without losing sight of our overall objectives.
- You possess strong decision-making skills to make well-thought-out decisions based on the information provided and to obtain further assistance/clarification when required.
- You can multi-task and perform in a dedicated, high demand environment.
- Take the initiative to follow up on issues – identify what needs to be done and act.
- Ability to multi-task, balance multiple priorities and meet results in a fast-paced and evolving team.
- You can work in team-oriented environment and quickly adapt to an evolving business.
- You have a shown understanding of equity and fixed income securities and derivative products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and have an interest in learning new applications.
- A four-year degree is required in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, or Economics.
- Understand upstream processes impactful to the reconciliation and develop ability to correlate the effect of change.
- Flexible and open to accepting new challenges; able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects at a time, in a demanding, and evolving environment while maintaining the highest standard and attention to detail.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.