Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking a Tax Manager based at its Seattle or Virginia headquarters to assist with U.S. Outbound reporting and compliance. The candidate will focus on US international income tax reporting and compliance specifically focusing on tax return, provision, and process improvements (automation of reoccurring calculations). Additionally, this position will be responsible for supporting the US and international tax controversy teams on audits and the international tax team on the compliance and reporting aspects of projects.
Key job responsibilities
Primary job duties include:
• US International reporting and compliance obligations for provision or tax return (Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 8991, 8992, 1118 Form 1120F etc.)
• Research and understand potential tax legislation and participate in modeling different scenarios
• Writing technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos
• Supporting the reporting and compliance for reorgs and transactions
• Drive process improvements and coordinate with Tax Technology Team to facilitate streamlining and automation of recurring calculations
• Create and develop complex excel spreadsheet models
• Review international aspects of Amazon’s worldwide provision
• Support U.S. and international tax controversy teams on tax audits
• Management of junior tax professionals and outside service providers
- 7+ years of experience in tax, finance or a related analytical field.
CPA preferred • JD, MST, LLM desirable • Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department • Strong project management skills • Strong tax operational background and ability to drive process improvements • Excellent knowledge of federal income taxation of international transactions • Tax preparation software experience helpful to aid in review (Corptax international tax compliance software) • Experience with Essbase and Oracle Financial Applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.