Mars is a family-owned business with more than 130,000 associates globally, making diverse products and offering services for people and pets.
This role supports the retirement, death, and disability benefits for senior globally mobile associates across all Mars functions, business divisions and geographies to ensure they understand what benefits they will receive; to manage the calculation and payment of those benefits from the various countries in which they were earned to (usually) a different country in which the associates might choose to retire. This role has a high degree of complexity due to the number of variations available and requires both perspective and attention to detail
What are we looking for?
- Someone who is experienced in the areas of benefits, and with a working knowledge of pensions
- Ability to work in a stand-alone role and confidence to engage business partners from across the global organization
- Ability to research and identify solutions/ways forward in countries outside of own specific knowledge
- Ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and accurately, to a broad range of people with varying degrees of pensions knowledge, in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to inspire confidence, trust, and influence at all levels
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Maintaining the individual benefits commitments for over 200 of Mars Incorporated’s most senior associates who each have their own unique arrangements reflecting their own career path across multiple countries.
- Co-ordination and/or production of the calculation of benefits and technical support for the delivery of international benefits
- Managing ad-hoc projects as required to drive administrative and transformational efficiency and manage legislative changes and governance requirements.
- Both maintaining and enhancing the profile of the International Benefits Team as a centre of excellence and expertise.
- Managing relationships with actuarial, legal, financial, and other advisors, scoping their work, and managing the delivery of that work.
- Maintaining or obtaining the information needed to be able to commission bespoke individual tax advice when paying benefits.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.