Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to be key member in our Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon in a newly created role supporting world-changing projects.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will work closely with WWPS Partners business leaders to evaluate new business concepts & investments and turn analytical insights into operational results. You will also provide strategy support to business partners and improve the overall financial planning, forecasting and reporting process. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic and financial support to key business initiatives and investments including new business concepts.
- Collaborate across AWS Finance and business teams to drive alignment on key deliverables such as business cases and recommendations.
- Present financial summary and business insights to senior leaders.
- Lead short- and long-term financial planning with strong controllership and drive business improvements including productivity and program spend.
- Build financial models for new business concepts.
The successful candidate will have shown experiences in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. In addition, this role requires strong business sense and capability to independently drive business partnership.
Ideal location would be HQ2 (Washington DC) but also open to qualified candidates in Atlanta, Chicago, Jersey City, Dallas, Boston, and Seattle.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Analytical, financial modeling, and reporting skills required
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives
- Passion for diving into the details of productivity metrics and cost measurement including ROI
- Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
- Experience with Cognos, TM1, and Oracle Financials or similar tools
- Experience with data extraction using SQL or similar tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.