Visa’s vision is to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere.
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Finance Manager is a key member of the Operations Support team in LAC, reporting to the Sr Director of Operations Support. The role is responsible for ensuring that business processes initiated in Mexico are operated in an effective and compliant manner and are in adherence to established policies and procedures. The role works collaboratively with Mexico’s Leadership Team and business functions to implement and maintain a robust controls framework. The focus of the role is to maintain activities and processes that allow the Business to run effectively and efficiently by focusing on:
- Supporting the business such as Sales, Marketing, MSA and Products, with their respective business opportunities in providing commercial advice and of relevant policies and procedures.
- Implementing a continuously improving controls and process framework that complies with Visa policy and procedures.
- Develop remediation plans to address identified issues impacting the controls and processes environment.
- Executing transactions of a high-risk nature such as Value in Kind and Client/Partner Engagements following the Operations Support operating model.
In addition to the above, the Finance Manager will partner with functional groups in executing and providing guidance, as needed, on other transactions involving high risk areas such as travel, entertainment, events management, gifts, and donations according to Visa’s policies and procedures. The incumbent should have a solid understanding of corporate policies and procedures and should provide oversight of any identified areas of control weaknesses, being responsible to validate and coordinate policy exception requirements for the country and then channel these to the Market Controller and/or other policy owners to resolve.
- Ensure a strong knowledge of Key Policies and Procedures such as VIK, Prepayments, T&E, Sourcing, Anti-Bribery, Global Sponsorship and Key Controls
- Ensure VIK projects meet established compliance requirements and approvals prior to roll out phase.
- Provide commercial advisory to the Business and seen as a “go to” subject matter expert on policies and procedures.
- Represent the voice of the business teams to ensure the needs of the business are represented in developing and delivering effective controls, processes, and procedures.
- Drive process improvement and efficiencies as applicable
- Perform root cause analysis and drive corrective action of exceptions identified by key controls stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Controllership to develop and maintain procedures and standard processes to assess, report, and remediate operational risk and compliance-related issues; provides regular self-assessment reporting to Regional Controller and Mexico’s Leadership Team.
- Support Control monitoring and Internal Audit Engagements
- Ensure remediation plans are in place and tracked to completion for Issues identified from Self-Assessment process and from Internal Audit results.
- Directly execute “Hands On” a select set of financial transactions
·Advance degree in a business discipline Accounting, or Finance preferred
·8-10 years of experience in a reporting (GAAP 606), audit, or risk related role focused on operational controls
·Experience in financial services or payments industry preferred
·Experience in implementing and training on policies, procedures, and guidelines in a change management practice
·Managerial skills in coaching, and direct supervision of team members
·Prior work experience in a business operations, compliance, audit, or risk with focus on operational controls
·Strong ethics, integrity, and accountability with ability to maintain independence, autonomy, and confidentiality
·Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues and risks, including root cause analysis.
·Ability to anticipate and identify opportunities to establish standards and controls, as well as develop and recommend solutions applying change management practices
·Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure that is diverse, international with a multi-cultural environment.
·Bilingual Spanish/English (both written and verbal) required.
·Advanced skills in MS Office
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.