Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to play a key role in supporting business development for content partnerships on products like Fire TV and Kindle tablet. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded candidate who enjoys partnering with the business on deal negotiations with major video subscription partners.
The successful candidate will support the business development organization through data driven financial analysis and insights that help drive content and app selection for Amazon’s device customers. This role requires a self-starter with solid business modeling skills, an ability to influence stakeholders across geographies and business units, and strong business judgement. This job involves regular collaboration with business units across Amazon and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based out of one of the following corporate offices: Seattle, Arlington, Sunnyvale, New York, or Los Angeles. With the preferred location being Seattle.
Key job responsibilities
- Serving as primary finance partner supporting content business development for subscriptions on Fire TV and other devices
- Building financial models and advanced analytical tools to forecast app performance and evaluate new on-device monetization opportunities
- Contributing financial insights/opportunity assessments to deal strategy reviews held with senior Devices leadership
- Driving creation, implementation, and reporting of engagement, financial, and operating performance metrics to aid in key decision making
- Owning finance communication with the business teams on content performance, financial impact, and risks & opportunities
- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- Track record of working with business owners to develop and define key business questions and build data sets that answer those questions
- Superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and communication skills with an ability to articulate complex financial views to business teams
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in an ambiguous environment
- Advanced Excel & business modeling skills
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.