Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking an experienced LATAM Indirect Tax Compliance Analyst to join its International Indirect Tax Compliance team in Arlington, Virginia.
The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment with great work-life balance. The International Indirect Tax Compliance (“ITX”) team is seeking a Tax Analyst to scale with Amazon’s growth. The ITX team is dedicated to ongoing improvements and the utilization of tax technology to continually improve its compliance processes.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare monthly / periodic indirect tax filings for Amazon and related subsidiaries, in LATAM and Caribbean region, including but not limited to VAT, Turnover Taxes, ICA tax, and other similar taxes.
- Research and calculate use tax and other indirect tax accruals.
- Prepare basic reconciliation of transaction tax general ledger accounts.
- Develop and implement process improvements across LATAM and Caribbean Indirect Tax compliance.
- Develop and communicate metrics for management analysis and ad-hoc requests.
- Network cross-functionally within Tax and with other Amazon business groups, providing tax compliance guidance as needed.
• Fluency in Spanish and English
• 2+ years of Indirect Taxes experience in LATAM and Caribbean countries with a public accounting firm, a major law firm, and/or multinational corporation.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Business, or equivalent experience.
• Detail-oriented, organized and able to deliver on tight timelines.
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
• Ability to champion and implement process improvements.
• Highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment.
• MS Excel proficient, including use of advanced Excel functionality).
• Experience with analyzing and reviewing statutes, regulations, and case law, as well as extracting data, and making appropriate filing position recommendations.
• Work effectively in a team environment both within and outside the tax department.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .