Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain, and develop children through play.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Our Finance team supports the forecasting and analysis of the North America Division FP&A Forecasts, and Actual results. We work across the organization and communicate performance both across business partners and to the leadership team.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning team in El Segundo, CA. You will play a critical role in supporting the financial management of Mattel’s largest divisions. This is an opportunity to coordinate with internal finance organizations including Strategic Planning, Controller’s office, Operations Finance, Sales Finance and Global Brand Teams for key inputs to the financial planning and forecasting process.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Support the development, analysis, and forecasting of the financial plan and quarterly forecasts for the consolidated North America Division business unit
- Analyze and summarize financial results for the division against the plan, forecasts, and prior results to management
- Effectively communicate the business performance via in-depth analysis of the P&L and Balance Sheet including sales, cost of sales, advertising, overhead costs, prepaid assets, intangibles and inventory obsolescence reserves.
- Participate in strategic initiatives that focus on efficient utilization of resources, require in-depth financial analysis and continuous improvement initiatives
- Coordinate with other internal finance organizations including Strategic Planning, Controller’s office, Operations Finance, Sales Forecasting, Sales Finance and Global Brand Teams for key inputs to the financial planning and forecasting process.
- Represent the Finance point-of-view at cross-functional meetings with business units such as Sales, Design, Development, and Marketing
- Support weekly performance forecasting and reporting of key business metrics
- Ensure compliance with Corporate policy and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
What We’re Looking For:
- BS/BA required (Finance, Accounting, Economics preferred)
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with an MBA (or equivalent advanced degree) or 5+ years’ experience in a related role
- Excel proficiency (modeling and forecasting) required; PowerPoint or other graphics presentation capability preferred
- Ability to quickly gain proficiency in new/multiple financial systems
- Oracle GL/Project Accounting and Hyperion Financial Management experience preferred
- Experience in consumer products, licensing and/or entertainment a plus
- Proactive, high energy and detail/results-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate ownership of the business
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.